Tuesday, May 12, 2009

One in the books!

From RGT 1st B-day


TODAY IS MY DAY!!! I got to wear the Birthday Princess Hat!

Ok - so it has been March since the last post, but about the only eventful "post worthy" happening was Cleo's passing and sister handled that on her site. Not much use crying over spilt milk at this point - haven't got but one cat now, so it would take twice as long to lick it up anyway.

My "Year in review"

"Had a baby, built a house, changed jobs, and trying to sell a house."

If I hear dad tell that story one more time.....Anyway, Mom and Dad have "adjusted" fairly well to the "new normal" with me here. I've been very good, so far.

They've still not settled into the new digs, but considering I'm just turning one, I didn't have a lot to pack and unpack - unlike the rest of the family. I think they have boxes for their boxes....

Dad has a new day everyday at work and that keeps him on his toes. Next year will be mom's year since she's moving from 1st grade to 4th grade - which means new room, new school, new attitude, new kids. But, she's going to be with her same principal and running buddies at the new school. Sister will also have to go to a new school since we aren't "zoned" for Joyner. She will go to Parkway, which is real silly since we will have to drive past Thomas Street Elementary to get there, but then again, I'm not a highly compensated consultant.

As for the trying to sell a house... well, NO SUCH LUCK, yet. "Change we can believe in" is only showing up in the deferred compensation retirement plan. It's taken a pretty nice nest egg and made an omelet of it.

"Milestones and accomplishments"

I have had to develop my own style of crawling and getting around with these hard as, well they are, concrete floors. Who in their right mind builds a house while they are pregnant and doesn't put ANY carpet down? That has to be Unconstitutional or at least against the Geneva Convention.

After a few good knots on the head, I learned to throw my arms up and use them to lessen the blow from rolling over. As for crawling, it is more like a half crawl half walk. Who can expect me to crawl gracefully in a dress. Sis didn't walk until she was 17 months old, but I'm thinking about taking off any day now. After all, my room is upstairs - again, how much planning went into this house?

Food has been... how can I put this in case someone is eating while surfing the blog... any Blood, Sweat and Tears fans out there? Just switch the lyrics to "what goes down must come up." After much blood work and doctor's bills looks like I'm not going to have to live off of formula, sweet potatoes and green peas. Thanks to MiMi Carol, we have now tried most everything except rice flour and oatmeal. Pasta and other grains are staying put now and I'm not having "hay fever" symptoms as much. I even had chocolate cupcakes for my birthday party at Mimi's today.

I guess when you get down to it that's about it. Mom and dad have ridden this bike before and Sis is still tolerant of me. That may all change in a few weeks when I get more mobile, but she'll have to deal with it 'cause I'm the baby. (And I know it.)

So far I've only been to Tennessee and Alabama and while dad is talking about a "vacation" to Kentucky, I'll believe it when I see it. We are headed to the Coast again this summer, but that is a "working" trip. I made the trip last year at only 6-weeks old. Mom and dad were crazy...still are...

I won't even lie and say I'll try to post more often. With Mom and Dad on facebook and Sis on Nick and Disney, I'm lucky to ever be able to post.

We are having my official party this weekend at the mud pit (what I call our new digs) Mr. Fix-it has no green thumb and keeps blaming it on needing dirt. There is plenty of dirt - it's just a little wet. Guess diapers and daycare is more important than what the neighbors think. He'll get there eventually.

I'll post more pics and possibly some video - still have to post the video of me taking my allergy medicine - hil-larious!

Thanks to all who have helped mom and dad "deal with it" especially Ms. Jennifer and Ms. Traci. I like when y'all babysit cause I get my way. :-)

Check back around the first of the week for more pics.

TTFN

No comments: